Poesias, crónicas, artigos para jornal, fotos, etc.

Noturno, Opus 9 - Chopin

sexta-feira, 8 de julho de 2016

LONGING - José M. Raposo


LONGING
(Saudade)

José M. Raposo


Yanked by a desire for better living
And riding on the wings of destiny,
I left...
Forget will I never
The trilling of the wild canary
Or the whistle of the black bird;
The variegated color of the hydrangeas
Dividing the green fields,
Or the multicolored azaleas
In the parks and gardens;
The gentle waves kissing the black sandy beaches,
Or the fury of the surf pounding
On the volcanic shores of the Island.
Thousands of miles away,
Wearing out the leather soles of my adulthood,
I long for the basaltic cobbled stones of my youth,
Where, so many times
I left the skin of my feet.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...